My Business
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Biz page first in "pending" limbo, then suspended. Again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All, 

I'm rather new to how all this works. I set up a new biz page a few weeks ago, waited for my verification postcard in the mail, got it, entered it, was verified, and then was promptly suspended before the "pending review" ever lifted (within a few minutes). I had no idea how to discover the URL to the page, so filing the appeal went nowhere.

Eventually I deleted it and started again.

Got a new postcard, got verified, and sat in "Pending review" limbo again (this time for days). After lots of frustration at myself for not knowing where or how to find info to resolve this, I finally found out how to request a call back from google. I did this. They called me back, and automatically put me on hold for over half an hour. Not too bad, but I had a very difficult time understanding the google guy's accent when I did get to speak to someone. 

Long story, short. The google customer service guy looked into my info etc. and assured me all was ok, and to give it a few days, up to a week for it to come out of the pending status. He even called me back two times to confirm a couple things, and again, assured me.

Well, this am I went to check to see if it was no longer "pending." It wasn't!    It's back to "suspended." I'm at my wits end with this. 

Here's the info google requests I include here. I'm a painter and home stager, so I don't serve customers at my home address, therefore I've not included that here. (I did check the appropriate box re: this when I signed up)

I appreciate any help or direction... 

jo

A Wicked Wand

Brookfield, CT

plus.google.com/+awickedwand

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

"Brookfield, CT" seems to be a incomplete address.

Are you by chance running a service area business from your home address?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut,

Thank you for replying, and Yes. I run a service business. I'm a painter & home stager. I selected the "service area" option each time I set up the page, so my home address would not be made visible on the business page.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Jo-Anne P

to help you I need that you read and follow my here linked article

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Helumt, 
I will file the appeal to start. :) 

My biz license is in my own name - I'm sole proprietor- will this be a problem? My Better Business Bureau accreditation is in biz name.  

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

the business license should show the name and the address of the business (at least).

YOU can't expect getting reinstated if there is any difference between this two items in the license and what you specified in your dashboard.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut, Not sure I follow. My DBA biz name is A Wicked Wand (I'm a sole proprietorship, no employees. When I applied for a state contractor's license, they only used my name on the certificate, tho I provided my DBA to them on the application. I presumed they chose to only put my real name on it for a reason, but perhaps it was an oversight.  Do you think this is where the google plus biz page issue is for me? Now that you've brought this to light, it would make sense...

I don't remember if google asked me for any license info and am not sure where to look to confirm if I provided it - it wasn't included/does not show up in the dash - if by dash, you mean the initial page info I set up. I know I used my 'real name google account' to set up the biz page (same name on the license).

1000 apologies for my inexperience in this, and 1000 thanks for your patience - what may seem like a basic given, or a piece of cake to you, or to others, is often like Greek to me.  btw, I'm holding off on filing an appeal until I discover if the license in my real name instead of DBA is the red flag...It would make sense, though I would not have thought to question the Dept of Consumer Protection on how they issue licenses, so I thank you for bringing this aspect to my attention...

jo :) 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Jo-Anne P

I have not said Google have ever asked you for the license (or it should have ask you or does now ask you).

And you are also not enforced to provide such a license  to me.

But you are not in a normal situation - since being "suspended".

Now it cames to my options to help you to ask Google to consider to reinstate your business.

There is a certain procedure as I can use to ask Google for a reinstatment of a suspended listing.

And this procedure includes to provide the information according my linked article and this needed information are A# - E#.

Having such information I can & will try my luck to help you.

Having not the requested infromation I'm off the game ;-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut, and Thanks again for your help on this. 

I filed the appeal today (11/21/2016), but it has not been denied yet, so I can't comply with #E yet. 

A = "A Wicked Wand" 

(123456 X Dr,) Brookfield, CT 06804 (this would be my home address, so I'm not actually putting it in here - I fit into the "service area" category. 

http://www.plus.google.com/+awickedwand

Thanks again :) 

jo

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Sorry @Jo-Anne P insisting:

I need A# - E# summarized in one post.