My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Bike Share stations - Can they be listed or not ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a number (less than 10) automated bike share stations operating in our city (Canberra, Australia). They are located in the grounds of hotels, thus sharing their address. Our stations are unmanned but we provide a 24-hour full customer help service via a phone number. In essence, they operate similar to an ATM, which is eligible for a Google My Business listing.

In the past we have managed to list a number of them with Google My Business but it has always been a struggle, requiring intervention from support staff to have the listings verified and published.

We would now like to list some additional stations.
When adding a new location there is the option of selecting 'Bike Share station' as the type so the presumption is that such a business is approved by Google.

Does anyone have experience with a similar scenario? If so, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Bike Share stations - Can they be listed or not ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

These can be added to Maps directly but are not eligible to be managed via Google My Business at this point.