My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Better Business Bureau incorrectly links to our organization in Google search results

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work for The Chamber of Commerce serving Middletown, Monroe and Trenton and we often field calls from consumers searching for the local Better Business Bureau. We are not, nor have we ever been, associated in any way with the Better Business Bureau. 

It seems as if the search terms related to "Middletown Ohio Better Business Bureau" incorrectly displays our phone number and address. Can someone please get back to me with a fix to prevent this issue from escalating any further?

The Chamber of Commerce serving Middletown, Monroe and Trenton

1500 Central Ave.

Middletown, OH 45044

513-422-4551

Here is a screenshot of the problem

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Better Business Bureau incorrectly links to our organization in Google search results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This is most likely happening because on the left you'll see your profile on the BBB site is triggering first. Does the BBB even have a location in Middletown, OH?

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Re: Better Business Bureau incorrectly links to our organization in Google search results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Joy. The BBB does not have a location here, our region is covered by the Cincinnati office.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
There probably isn't too much you can do about it then. It's triggering because this listing ranks so high organically for that search: http://www.bbb.org/cincinnati/business-reviews/chambers-of-commerce/chamber-of-commerce-serving-midd...

I will file a bug with the search team but I am not sure what to expect as far as hearing back on it.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your help. I was not sure of the best way to go about changing that display result but I'll keep digging. Appreciate it!