My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Best way to manage a statewide business on Google Maps/local

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm working with a business that has one business address in small town, but they do business throughout the state, providing inspections and consultations.

For my Google local listing, is there a way I can tell Google to display it statewide, rather just in my town?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

They are probably best suited to be set up as a "Service Area"

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163?hl=en

Desktop

To edit your service area details:

1. Sign in to Google My Business.
  2. Make sure you’re using card view. If you’re viewing your locations as a list instead of cards, switch to card view by clicking the cards icon  on the right side above your locations. 
  3. Choose the listing you'd like to manage and click Manage location
  4. Click Info at the top of the page.
  5. Click the Address section.
  6. In the window that appears, select the box next to "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their locations."
  7. Enter your service area information. You can set your service area based on the zip codes or cities that you serve, or on a given area around your location.
    • Select the box next to “I serve customers at my business address” if you want your complete address to appear on Google and your business location is staffed and able to receive customers during its stated hours. 
  8. Click Apply.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Chris,

Google My Business is better suite for local businesses, so it is difficult to rank well beyond 30 miles even for service area businesses.

You should still set a service area business as suggested by Eric but you should also optimize the business' web site to improve its ranking in web search.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor