My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Best practices for building GMB pages for the same company with multiple URLs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is my scenario: Let's say that O. Law Group has multiple URLs, such as www.criminalpracticearea.com and wwww.anotherpracticearea.com, as well as www.abc.com. On each of these websites, the company maintains the same name - O. Law Group. They operate in multiple cities, but it also happens that they have several offices in Chicago that represent different URLs.

My question is what is the best practice for building Google My Business pages for O. Law Group? If I have 3 pages for Chicago with unique addresses, unique phone numbers, and completely different URLs, although the same exact name - will different URLs confuse Google? Will this mess with online citations...?

Thank you!!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gerrid S
May 2016

Re: Best practices for building GMB pages for the same company with multiple URLs

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gerrid, the rule is one Google local listing per physical business location. It doesn't matter how many websites the business has.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gerrid S
May 2016

Re: Best practices for building GMB pages for the same company with multiple URLs

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gerrid, the rule is one Google local listing per physical business location. It doesn't matter how many websites the business has.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We have noticed a competitor has several pages, with only one being the legitimate location of the business. The other locations are pinned, etc. without any association to this company but done by it to advertise in those areas. We understand that to be against policy, correct? How do we report that? How did that happen?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Colan! It makes sense.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Cece O Start a new thread and post the URLs of the pages you believe are fake and one of the TC's  can escalate to our community manager for you.

Thank you.