My Business
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Best Practices For Google Accounts To Use For Google My Business / Adwords / Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a best practice for Google Account acquisition/naming when setting up / cleaning up a business' Google My Business and other Google Services (e.g. Adwords, Analytics, Search Console, YouTube)? 

The enterprise I'm working at set some of these services up piecemeal over the years using different Google Accounts, some gmail.com, some using their domainname.com. 

It seems like there would be an efficiency benefit to using a standard enterprise Google Account, like a "marketing@domainname.com" or  "google@domainname.com" Google Account, to "own" or be the administrator account for these services, starting with Google My Business. 

I'm looking forward to hearing from and soon participating in this Google marketing community!

VO

Re: Best Practices For Google Accounts To Use For Google My Business / Adwords / Analytics

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

The main benefit to using the client's domain name for the owner's account in GMB, is just because it can make certain issues easier when dealing with support if problems come up. Kind of like an extra, easy layer of proof that you do indeed have connections to the business owner, and have the right to access that account. In and of itself though it won't help unless those problems come up... no ranking benefits or anything. 

I personally like having the pertinent services at least accessable (managed if not owned) under the same account just for easy bookkeeping. Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google My Business, and so on, but I don't know that there's a recommended best practices exactly. If you do have a verified site with Google Search Console, it can make claiming your GMB profile easier as long as you're using the same account, but I'm not aware of any benefit from Google of using the same account everywhere aside from that. 

I also personally like using a different account than an email that the client is using just for privacy reasons, though if you do that, make sure you have a forwarder set up so that the client gets any important notices without you having to have your hand in it (especially notices of them getting a review). 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Best Practices For Google Accounts To Use For Google My Business / Adwords / Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the feedback James. Good to know about the no impact to ranking benefits. Also, great reminder about forwarding mail from the owner account, making sure the client's customer service folks see reviews coming in and other messages.