My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Beechworth Boarding Kennels and Cattery

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have rebuilt my web site in the new google.sites format and taken down my old one. The new site works well, but only if you know the web address. Google Business information got  suspended . So when I click on the "Web site"  in search it will not go to the site as the public would normally be able to. It simply asks me to sign into my Google account.

I have followed the disputes procedure and all I get is an email reply that I have supplied the wrong URL. To the very best of my knowledge, I have supplied the correct information. 

My web site is https://sites.google.com/view/beechworthboardingkennels/home

The current telephone number is +61357282991

Google Maps = 190 Library Road Beechworth Victoria Aus 3747

ary Rd, Beechworth VIC 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Have you tried removing the Google sites URL? As I recall bizzarely a Google Site URL will not work.

There are other free sites which allow multi-page web sites.

Re: Beechworth Boarding Kennels and Cattery

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your thoughts, I have taken down my original "classics" google.sites web page (it's no longer listed) and reloaded the "new google.sites" web site. However, I have just discovered, for what ever reason I have duplicate new sites (I don't know how I have duplicate sites). I need to delete one of them but are frightened that I will loose the whole account.

Kel

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Try taking the Google Site URL out of the Google my Business entry to see if the error message goes away please.

Re: Beechworth Boarding Kennels and Cattery

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's a thought, I;ll give it a go thanks Andrew.

Kel

"New google.sites" web siste suspended after redesign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have rebuilt my classic google.sites web site into the "new google.sites" format. All went well and it looks fine and it published easily. However MyGoogle Business has suspended it for some reason beyond what I can fathom. I do not have duplicate sites published and running (I unpublished the original google.sites web site). Apparently my site is still verified but can't list it in MyBusiness. I have been through the appeals process lots of times but I receive an immediate email stating that I have submitted the wrong URL from Google My Business dashboard. I have checked this so many times it's not funny. I have also tried alternatives that I thought just maybe they were the correct ones. 

So at this stage without being able to submit an appeal, I'm now at a loss what to do.

My Business Name : Beechworth Boarding Kennels and Cattery

My business is : 190 Library Road Beechworth Victoria 3747 Aus.

Telephone number +61357282991

Google+ URL : https://plus.google.com/u/0/

My new web site: https://sites.google.com/view/beechworthboardingkennels/home

Thanks, I need all the help that I can get.

"New google.sites" web siste suspended after redesign

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Did you try removing the website URL from the GmB entry as I advised before?

Re: "New google.sites" web siste suspended after redesign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Andrew, I have successfully been running the original classic "google.stes" web site for the last three years without any dramas. Google is now shutting down that service and is offering a new platform called "new google.sites". I would have copying and pasting all the info into the new platform, then un-publishing the old site and publishing the new site by changing the web URL all would be fine. Considering its a Google up initiative I wouldn't have thought that there would be a problem. Now I have no way of letting google know and no way of getting exposure. I appreciate your input.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Other people are reporting problems with 'url's. This could be a current bug.

Could you please remove any website url from the GmB listing and see if that then allows a verification.

It is not mandatory to give a website.

If it works with no url then there could be a google bug which they need to put right.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Beechworth Boarding K
August

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Andrew, I did exactly what you said, (delete total account from my google business)I then reloaded  the URL again and fresh business info. and it came up that I am already verified. At this stage I thought that it was looking good. However it says the the site is suspended. This is really frustrating.

Cheers

Kel