My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Barrie Home Inspector

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have two websites for Home Inspections.   One of my websites is listed where I live but it is not my main website that I use for my business.  I tried to Verify the website that I want listed at my address,  received Post Card from Google but when I Verified it I got message about duplicate site.

I have reviews on my site which is currently listed at my home address.   How can I move my main website to this address, and what can I do with site that is currently listed for that address.   I don't want to lose reviews and what business that it develops for me.

Should I change the address and phone numbers from my home to something else and then try to move my main site to my home address?   

Any advice on fixing this would be appreciated   :)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Barrie Home Inspector

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

What you wrote @Roger F is pretty confusing.

Websites can't listed at any address

However GoogleMyBusiness listings can.

Please include the following with your question for both locations in question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL

Barrie Home Inspector

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for reply Helmut,

I just checked and my website listings have recently reversed themselves on Google Local Listing and my main site is now listed not my secondary site.   So I guess I should should just leave well enough alone.   I do find it strange though that when I changed my address to home address and Google sent me a verification card,  it would not show listing as it had duplicate content.  So my website that I wanted is now in local listings....must have done something right     What ever it was just dumb luck :)

Where can I find Live Chat for Help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Barrie Home Inspector

7 Stollar Blvd. Barrie ON

705-795-8255

https://plus.google.com/+RogerFrost/posts/BfwBUbhJWAK

One of the local home inspectors recently had business category changed from  building inspector to home inspector.   I would like to do the same.  From reading forums apparently this is available in US but not in Canada.   Maybe Google thinks there are no Home Inspectors in Canada.

Anyway I would like to have my Category Listing corrected also.  They had theirs done by using Live Chat...could you provide a link for that ?

Regards

Roger F

Re: Where can I find Live Chat for Help

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Roger F

don't start new threads

keep tuned on oyur previous one: Barrie Home Inspector

Barrie Home Inspector

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry about new thread,  still looking to get my Business Category corrected.   So my friend got theirs corrected and I am looking to find the same solution.  She used Chat Support to have correction made...so can you direct me there ?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roger F
October 2016

Barrie Home Inspector

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google Business phoned me and problem was resolved.  Thx for help  :)