My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Bad star rating with NO review from someone who is not a customer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello board. WOW! The strangest thing happened to me on my Google Business reviews. Someone left a 1-star rating with no review at all, and I have no idea who they are. I have been doing this for 17 years and never had a bad word from anyone and I've ALWAYS kept my customers happy. Again, I never had an angry customer.

This is obviously a bogus rating from a local competitor. How do I remove this? Thank you.

Chris Burkey

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you ever figure this out?  I just had the same thing happen to me.  Please advise

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No, I went through all that I was supposed to with Google here to get it investigated. The sad thing is this person was never even at my shop and is probably just "scouting" for another business like mine to make me look bad. One thing I noticed was that they are registered as a "Local Guide" which means they get paid a certain amount to review businesses daily. This is a bad idea for Google to allow this. And I need that fake review removed asap, but cannot seem to get it done.