My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Average Star Rating - how long to update?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

How long does it normally take for a business average star rating to update? We started asking customers to review our business page on google. However, with the increase in reviews, our star rating has not yet updated after 2 days (Friday and Saturday). How long does it normally take for star ratings to update? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

are yo sure and can prove the recent reviews yo gathered are publically visible?

Only such reviews are take in account to the score.

An other point you should know is this

The scrore isn't calculated as the kids  learn in school as an arithmetical average would be calculated.

See and lear more about here:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4801187?hl=en.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey helmut,

Thanks for the response. yes they are publicly visible. I can see the reviews from other computers and while I'm not logged into google as well. I didn't know you could do non-publicly visible reviews on google. But that's good to know

im curious if you know how long it normally takes for the average star rating to update? 1 week maybe? 

Re: Average Star Rating - how long to update?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same question.  Did you get your answer?  I don't see it.... Thanks!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you ever get a reply or answer for this? I was wondering the same exact thing. Thanks! 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

It took about 5 total days to update. Maybe 3 business days or so. When I called google, they said it could take up to 1 week 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JoyHawkins (Top Contributor)
February 2017

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

It took about 5 total days to update. Maybe 3 business days or so. When I called google, they said it could take up to 1 week

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How were you able to call Google. I can't find a number anywhere?  Can you please help me with this.

Re: Average Star Rating - how long to update?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would also like to know what the percentage ratio is for how the rating goes up. We had one bad review and several good reviews and our rating has not gone up. Does anyone know the answer to this? 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

HI @Sharon C

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need. 
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

I'll now block this aged thread for new replies