My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Attaching A Google Map to my Brand Page? Tell me it's possible! :)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Anyone care to help me solve this problem?

I have TWO brand pages... but I want to ADD a location via Google Maps to one of them. But if I add a location on Google Maps it creates a NEW business page!!!. I simple want to add my location to and already created brand page. The only place where I can see to add an address is in the about us section which isn't really what I want.

I am trying to embrace G+ but it sends you in circles.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Attaching A Google Map to my Brand Page? Tell me it's possible! :)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I have TWO brand pages... but I want to ADD a location via Google Maps to one of them.

This isn't possible.

But you can connect any of your brand pages with GMaps.

Follow the hints of this HC article: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6010825?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks! Yeah I have come across this before but the instructions aren't clear neither.. :/ I am assuming you have to be more than an 'page manager' for this page? MY brother is the Administrator of this page but I cannot see any of the links it tells you to click to (i.e. connect a different page) The top and bottom of it is that I want to connect my G+ to my website and GMaps. At the minute it appears NONE are connected :/ I have been in this industry over 15 years but such a 'simple' process seems quite laborious and problematic. I guess it's easy once you know how ;o)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also, if i add my business to Google Maps it creates a NEW Business page... I don't want to set up a new G+ page.. I already have it all set up! haha

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
only the page owner of a brand page can connect a page to GMaps and yes this procedure required to create a local page since this new local page and the brand page will get connected finally. That's intentionally intended! haha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I will let my brother know - trust me... I have been on this for over a week on and off... but nothing seems to be working.. We have been having problems also with linking our website up with G+.. In Web Master tools, it 'appears' that our G+ IS linked with our website, but 1. site-analyzer.com AND http://nibbler.silktide.com/ says its NOT 2. on the Right hand side in the search results there is 'some' indication that our G+ account is linked (there is a link to our G+ page) but not a fully populated results box. FINALLY.... I have been implementing Schema tags in the hope this may improve how we look in google but it feels like they aren't working neither. We're totally trying to embrace G+ but it does seem rather fiddly IN ADDITION Google often move the goalposts on the best practices so Its not that easy to keep up! ;o) We will get there I am sure!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Unfortunately I'm not a good help on getting a website linked to a band page.
Never have done this

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Paul Jamie K wrote:
I will let my brother know - trust me... I have been on this for over a week on and off... but nothing seems to be working.. We have been having problems also with linking our website up with G+.. In Web Master tools, it 'appears' that our G+ IS linked with our website, but 1. site-analyzer.com AND http://nibbler.silktide.com/ says its NOT 2. on the Right hand side in the search results there is 'some' indication that our G+ account is linked (there is a link to our G+ page) but not a fully populated results box. FINALLY.... I have been implementing Schema tags in the hope this may improve how we look in google but it feels like they aren't working neither. We're totally trying to embrace G+ but it does seem rather fiddly IN ADDITION Google often move the goalposts on the best practices so Its not that easy to keep up! ;o) We will get there I am sure!

Hi @Paul Jamie K

Can you provide the name and address of your business please? A screenshot of it showing up in right hand side of the search results would be useful too as that doesn't happen for brand pages.

Also the Google+ URLs of your brand pages too if possible.

Thanks.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for taking the time to look at this.. I'll try my best to make it as simple as possible to understand ;o)

My PERSONAL G+ is
https://plus.google.com/+PaulJamieKidd

My BUSINESS/BRAND G+ I want to link up together is
https://plus.google.com/+IbbleobbleApps

Here is what I see in my account
www.ibbleobble.com/GPLUS/1.png

Here is what I see when I search in Google
www.ibbleobble.com/GPLUS/3.png

N.B. there is a annoying BUG in google which displays 1* for our apps when infact they are 5*

Here is what I have in my META
www.ibbleobble.com/GPLUS/3.png

Ideally, I want to use G+ to really enhance our presence in Google and I realise its sometimes hit and miss and Google can be selective on what it displays, but I assure you I am trying to embrace all the tools at my disposal but at the minute I am really frustrated! lol

Thanks in advance!

Paul :)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Oops! sorry!

Here is what I see when I search in Google
www.ibbleobble.com/GPLUS/2.png