My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Are we right to choose entrances as the KPI for our publisher?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, for 2016, we plan to set the number of entrances as the KPI for our digital news network. Yet some said that it is wrong if we don't count pageview instead.

Pls advice!

Thank you!

1. Full business name:Mobile World Investment Corporation 
2. Current business address: Suite 5.6, Etown 2 Builiding, 364 Cong Hoa str, Ward 13, Tan Binh district, HCMC. 
3. Current telephone number:+84.8.38125960 
4. Google+ URL: https://www.thegioididong.com/tin-tuc

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Are we right to choose entrances as the KPI for our publisher?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Quyen Quyen N

This help forum is specifically for Google local business pages. However I'll give this a shot.

I am assuming you have multiple KPI's not just one, but looking at Entrance vs Pageviews depends on the business model.

You say that its a news site, how is that monetized ( or is it ). If it is monetised say with Ad sense, then it would make sense for Pageviews. You could have a million new entrances with only a million pageviews, which would be poor performance / structure indicator.

On the flip side there could be a million entrances with 10 million page views. It would make sense in this scenario to monitor pageviews.

But it depends on business model.

Now I would also assume that you would be splitting your entances for new vs returning and equally organic vs branded

I hope i gave you something to think about.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership