5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Are Google My Business Insights included in Google Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name: Mirage Limousines
2. Current business address: 813 N Scottsdale RD, Scottsdale, AZ 85257 
3. Current telephone number: (480)970-7700
4. Google Maps: URL https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mirage+Limousines/@33.457284,-111.925951,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0...
5. Website (if applicable): www.miragelimo.com

Are the Insights from GMB included in Google Analytics? How can I find them in Analytics? I like to report all the phone calls. Should I add the GMB calls? Or are they already included?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
3w

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

No, you'll need to gather GMB insights separately. You can't get GMB Insights displaying in Analytics as far as I know, but you can get basic Analytics information displaying in your GMB dashboard by following these instructions. Obviously you'll still likely need to log into Analytics though if you want to do any kind of fancy data exploration, but if you're just reporting on the basics, that might be a good solution. 

If you're using Bright Local for ranking tracking for your clients, you should know that you can also get GMB Insights showing in your Bright Local dashboard if you like. You can even see account history going back up to 18 months there, instead of the usual 3. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

James,

That is a really great answer.

I scanned the link. Not sure if the Analytics data added to GMB would break out conversions. That might require opening up Analytics for some "fancy data exploration." I use Google's Data Studio. (I wonder if GMB Insights are available inside of Google's Data Studio. I'll hafta go check.)

Anyway, if I am hearing you correctly. The 60 or so calls last month, that are recorded in GMB Insights, are different from and in addition to the calls I see in Google Analytics/Data Studio? (I track the calls from my website and in my AdWords' ads in Google Analytics.) The phone calls reported in GMB Insights could come from any number of other sources. Primarily from mobile and parts of Google search like my Knowledge Graph, local map listing, etc. Is that what I'm hearing?

And thanks you are awesome 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Kevin, 

Yeah, you've got the gist of it, though there's potentially some overlap in those two numbers. GMB call tracking insights are specifically counting the times users have clicked on the 'click to call' button in the local results (the knowledge panel, the 3-pack, and the local finder results). Obviously that's mostly just going to account for mobile traffic, since desktop users will usually be using a separate device to actually make the phone call.

If you have a different phone number in the GMB profile than you do with your adwords campaign (as most users will be doing) then yes, the GMB insights call number will be in addition to the Adwords calls showing in Analytics. On the other hand, if you're tracking with, say, a Callrail tracking number that you've chosen to use as the primary phone number in all your online listings, then the GMB insights call count will be a subset of your Analytics count. Does all that make sense? 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

James,

You are awesome to spend so much time on this.

"Does all that make sense? " Um...no. The first paragraph made perfect sense. The second...not so much.

Here's the thing, I do not use a tracking number. (I have a fear of confusing Google with regards my NAP.) So does that mean that my GMB Insight phone-calls are or are not in addition to the ones I track in Analytics, ie clicks on the website's click to call button  and the phone-call ads in AdWord's? 

Thanks again for your Insights...hehehe. 

Jen in Marketing @ Mirage Limousines (actually)

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Jen, 

No worries, I like spending time here helping out, so it's all good. 

There's a lot of different ways people can have their analytics set up, since you told me that I can give a little more detail. 

Google uses tracking numbers to track calls with adwords ads, so you've basically got 3 statistics here. Click to call adds from the website, calls to your phone-call ads in Adwords, and click to call on the GMB account. The first two (website click to call and phone add actions) will be displayed in Analytics, the last one (click to call from GMB) will show in your GMB insights. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

James,

Thank you. That did it. That is everything I needed to know.

I would have marked you as the answer but someone already did. So I'll just give you likes.

You rock!

Jen

Highlighted

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Happy to help!

Experts in the Topic
james w