My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Archiving or backing up Google+ page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I am working with a company for an e-discovery case and we need to preserve information from the Google+ page including any photos that were posted. I know that for personal Google+ accounts I am able to use the Google Takeout function to preserve the data but so far, I have been unable to find that functionality for the Business page. 

Does anyone know if there is any ability to preserve the data in a way that we can provide it to counsel for their review?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Archiving or backing up Google+ page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Josh L

There is no functionality like that, that I am aware of.

If you are the business owner / owner of the account, it will not be removed and you can access at any time.

If you are not the business owner, I suppose screenshots ? or add the business page url's to way back machine that will archive them.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi @josh l

Have you tried using Google Takeout?
https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout

I am not sure if this will help you export everything, but you can give it a try and let me know.
Mike Blackmore - 1 Click Away From a Conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

Thank you for the information Tim. I wasn't aware before that there was no way to save/archive the images or posts. The only way I can think of then to save the images is to download each album individually. For the "Photos form Posts" album it looks like I will have to copy them to a new album, download that one, and delete it. I am a little surprised that Google doesn't have a solution for this due to how many e-discovery cases there are, especially after they released their e-discovery solution for Gmail and Drive.

Mike, thank you for the suggestion but it appears that using Takeout will just archive the account that is associated with the email address of the account instead of the Business information.

Thank you all for the information. It has been useful.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I will certainly pass on the info to be considered for adding to GMB

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership