My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Appearing on search results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi
I'm wondering if there is something that I am doing wrong, I'm doing some advertising for a company I work for and I noticed that when I type in some keywords in this case "blocked drains Blackpool" we are not showing up in the suggested places under the ads.  We are not actually based in Blackpool but the next town along approx 10 miles away.  I've changed the settings in my business to not only include our office address but also the areas we cover including Blackpool but this still doesn't seem to have had any effect, ive included a few screenshots below 

Any help would be greatly appreciatedScreenshot_2017-05-10-08-56-39.pngScreenshot_2017-05-10-08-56-49.pngScreenshot_2017-05-10-08-57-32.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm still struggling with this one if anyone could help?

Re: Appearing on search results

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Marc C

I'm supposing you are talking about this business listing: https://goo.gl/maps/act7CQVKMnv

If so:

There is somethings bad with it.

You might have specified a servicec area (not sure about this point).

But even you did you didn't uncheck the little box "I also serve customers at my buisness address"

But this should be the case as your address is in a residential aread and your home seen not havong any kind of brick and mortar office nor any clear signange of the business name.

Please clarify the specification details of your service area.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut

Thanks for the response,  The link you sent is our business, The office is at the back of one of the properties!

Originally only the I serve customers at my business address was ticked so I thought that by opening up the other areas we might get found?  I originally unchecked the I serve customers at my business address and just had the service areas but this still didn't effect being found in the search so I re checked it to see if this made a difference.   Unfortunately it didn't and at that point I came on this forum to seek help from the experts ;)

Hope this clarifies everything

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Before continuing to help you:

provide me a photo of your office as visible for the public form the street.

Note: I hope you agree you can't serve customers at your location if they can't find you at the mentioned address.

Next point would be regarding the service area 

How did you specified it?

By (what) radius or by a list of (what) ZIps?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut

Thanks for the response, the photo on our Google page is taken at the office, however I think I see what you mean, because all our work is carried out at other customers premises we should only have I serve customers at their locations selected rather than customers come to my premises? If this is correct I'll change it immediately, 

Regarding the service area, I did it by postcode (zip) 

I've attached a couple of screenshotsPart 1Part 1Part 2Part 2

I'm using the Google My business App if this makes any difference?

Thanks again for your advice

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

yep 

- as a mobile service you should hide your address by unchecking the little box "I also  serve costomers at my address"

- your service area is ok so far (as well as ujsing the GMB app)

Last but not least I get you for a category search

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

yep 

- as a mobile service you should hide your address by unchecking the little box "I also  serve costomers at my address"

- your service area is ok so far (as well as ujsing the GMB app)

Last but not least I get you for a category search

Screenshot 2017-05-21 at 15.42.45.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Screenshot_2017-05-21-14-56-05.png@Helmut Geissler

I've unchecked the box as suggested 👍

Regarding the search above, it's true we get found in Knott-End-On-Sea and Preesall, but if I try a search further afield like Blackpool or Preston (this is our nearest large town and city) we don't come up even though that area and postcode are in our covered areas?

I've attached a screen grab of a search for Blackpool

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Marc C

I know your region (my wife is born in Blackpool)

And yes I also noticed getting oyu on a category search for Knott end-on-sea but not directly for Blackpool.

I nevertheless got you for Blackpool if zooming thje map per one zoom level.

Actually there is still onme point strange and to further investigate:

Despite of having specified a service area this service area will not shown up to the public (despite of the fact I see it on your GMB app)

I very much would like checking whether or not you can see the service area properly on a desktop dashboard.

Are you able to double check this on anhy  desktop computer being logged into your account?  - or are you stuck on oyur mobile?

Lemme know please.

In case yo are actually not able to double check this on a desktop  PC we coul made an agreement:

You could make me a second "owner" of the listing for just one or two days (no worry - you  can kick off me any time you like again)

I could then investigate the "service area matter".

I stronlgy believe the fact of bad finding outside of your town is somehow related to the issue of your service area is not shown up with the listing.

Lemme know whether you would agree to such a "one or two days cooperation"  as your  "co-owner of the listing".

In case you agree I will send you my email address via email to the mail address as listet under "contact us"  at http://www.pipescan.co.uk/