My Business
7.1K members online now
7.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Answering bad reviews

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Rob's Tree Removal; 36 MacEwan Ridge close NW, Calgary, AB; 403-274-2558; https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Rob's+Tree+Removal/@51.140536,-114.1158,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x7...;

robstreeremoval.com

Hi Staff:

I just received a bad review on my Google listing, and would very much like to address it, but can find no way to contact the writer. Can you help, please?

Sincerely,

Rob Berkman

2 Expert replyverified_user

Answering bad reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @RobOnBusiness

Your  best option is to write a reply:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3474050?hl=en

Answering bad reviews

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Log in with your username and password click on the review and respond. Go to  https://business.google.com log in select your listing under locations and when you click on the listing a menu will be on your left that says reviews. Click on that and a box will be there to view and edit responses. It is a good idea to respond to all reviews good and bad. Show they you remember them and the job you did thank them for the good reviews. Try and set it right on the bad review and keep asking for more good reviews from happy customers, so your average goes up. It is a great place to show your personality to the public that will see how you respond to good and bad that we all have in business

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Answering bad reviews

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Follow the instruction:

Read and reply to reviews

Customers can leave reviews of your business by following these steps.

Reviews from your customers can provide valuable feedback for your business, and replying to reviews can help build your customers' trust. When you reply to a review, your response will appear below your customer's review on Google Search and Maps under the label "Response from the owner". People on Google will see both the customer review and your response when they look at your Google reviews.

To see and respond to reviews left by Google users, first verify your business, then follow the steps below.

Desktop

Mobile
  1. Three dash menu

Note that you’ll be posting publicly as your business when you reply to reviews. Replies to reviews may not appear across Google immediately.

Tips for responding to reviews

Business owner responses allow you to build relationships with customers, but they’re also public. When replying to your customers, keep the following guidelines in mind:

1. Be nice and don’t get personal. This isn’t just a guideline—it’s also a good idea as a business owner. It's difficult to win an argument with a frustrated customer, and you want to avoid burning bridges. Keep your responses useful, readable, and courteous. In addition, responses should comply with our local content policy.
  2. Keep it short and sweet. Users are looking for useful and genuine responses, but they can easily be overwhelmed by a long response.
  3. Thank your reviewers. Respond to happy reviewers when you have new or relevant information to share. You don’t need to thank every reviewer publicly, since each response reaches lots of customers.
  4. Be a friend, not a salesperson. Your reviewers are already customers, so there’s no need to offer incentives or advertisements. Tell reviewers something new about your business, or share something they might not have learned from their first visit.

If you believe that a Google review violates the posting guidelines, you can flag it as inappropriate by placing your cursor over the review and clicking the flag icon . Complete the form on the next page and click Submit.