My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Angry Mom Thinks I Stole Her Photos

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a home-based freelance graphic and web designer, and recently received a call from an angry mom furious that my site had stolen her kids' photos. Apparently, her Android device is using my business listing as the location where her photos were taken, since this is a small town and there's nothing else around here.

This is the header for her photo albums. She believes this to mean that I am posting her photos publicly. She's even contacted the police.

Is there any way for me to turn off geotagging of my Google Business listing for other people's personal photos?
I've tried explaining to her that I didn't steal her pictures, but she seems convinced I'm an elaborate hacker. This seems like a terrible oversight on the part of Google.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

1. Full business name Krehbiel.co
2. Current business address 1556 NE 12th St.
3. Current telephone number 509-724-0310
4. Google Maps URL https://www.google.com/maps?cid=1350224394480779077&_ga=1.113518727.1647337304.1489084773
5. Website (if applicable) http://krehbiel.co

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kelly K
March 2017

Re: Angry Mom Thinks I Stole Her Photos

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Kelly K

I have not  why the angry mom got indicated  your business location  on her Android as where her phots was taken.

But in case you are ther only registered business near her location it could very well happen this way as this is as GMaps and Google works 

As far I know there is no way to exclude a certain business from getting this way tagged for photos of photographer strolling around or very closed to your business.

The only way I can imagine to avoid this happne in future  is defining a service area with hidden address as oyu should have done ir anyway as a photegrapher in case you don't have a clear store front at oyur address where you serve your customers.

The shown photo of your address doesn't even look there is such a brick and mortar store front or office not anhy signage of your business - means you SHOULD have defined a service area with hidden address.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Google decided in their fathomless wisdom changing in March 2017 their system of notifications about new threads or responses in the GMB forum to a very worst behavior. This way they corrupted my workflow entirely. Don't expect I will notified about any new response by you on my posting here unless you're using the mentioning functionality on your new response - mentioning me per " @[my name]"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kelly K
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Kelly K

I have not  why the angry mom got indicated  your business location  on her Android as where her phots was taken.

But in case you are ther only registered business near her location it could very well happen this way as this is as GMaps and Google works 

As far I know there is no way to exclude a certain business from getting this way tagged for photos of photographer strolling around or very closed to your business.

The only way I can imagine to avoid this happne in future  is defining a service area with hidden address as oyu should have done ir anyway as a photegrapher in case you don't have a clear store front at oyur address where you serve your customers.

The shown photo of your address doesn't even look there is such a brick and mortar store front or office not anhy signage of your business - means you SHOULD have defined a service area with hidden address.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Google decided in their fathomless wisdom changing in March 2017 their system of notifications about new threads or responses in the GMB forum to a very worst behavior. This way they corrupted my workflow entirely. Don't expect I will notified about any new response by you on my posting here unless you're using the mentioning functionality on your new response - mentioning me per " @[my name]"

Angry Mom Thinks I Stole Her Photos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn't realize that setting a service area was an option. That'll probably fix it going forward. Thanks! 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Kelly K

I have no good idea  why the angry mom got indicated  your business location  on her Android as where her photos was taken.

But in case you are the only registered business nearby her location it could very well happen this way as this is as GMaps and Google works 

The only way I can imagine to avoid this happne in future  is defining a service area with hidden address as you should have done it anyway as a photegrapher in case you don't have a clear store front at oyur address where you serve your customers.