My Business
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Alter Layout of Google Map Business Reviews ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey does anyone know how to alter the layout of Google Reviews on Google Maps?

Obviously like to have the "only" 1 star review out of site when potential customers come roaming on Google Maps. 

As there is no vetting procedure prior to Google Reviews being published, after recently finding out that they can also be damaging to SEO,
ideally I'd like to take that review off completely, but since that is not possible, is there ANY way that Review listings can appear with best reviews at the top? like alphabetically rather than chronologically?
2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
June

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Alpine H

I'm afraid 

but such feature (or settings) don't exist with GMB

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

ok thanks,

Do you know why the 1 star review still remains in view? It was entered a few months ago, and there have been more recent reviews since then?

Is it do with the Review algorithm - to show all different rated reviews?  And not the same Ratings? Thanks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

apologies for asking for so many questions, but I need to get a full understanding how Reviews work

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I don't undertstand? Why on earth should the one 1 star review not shown or get listed like in here among the others?

Just because oyu are upset?

My strong recommendation:

live with the one 1 star review.

Use your time and effort to get more and better reviews in future rather whining about the one with 1 star.

leaving this thread now as I did already with the others of you.

Will not wasting my time anymore.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You don' have to reply....

>>Use your time and effort to get more and better reviews in future rather whining about the one with 1 star.

It's more to do with actually the damaging effect it has when people read that review - it will turn people away!

as for whining, think if you consider your tone and provide practical suggestions, and reasons why Google Business Reviews is totally flawed, you may understand from an infancy Business owner's point of view, with Google ruling the roost most of the time, you still have no control over Reviews, let alone the damaging effect of SEO it carries with it. Which to alot of Business Owners - have absolutely no idea about.

Google Review Layout - can it be altered?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Is anyone aware of any methods on how to alter the layout of Google Reviews on Business Listings?

Obviously like to have the "only" 1 star review out of site - as it will turn potential customers away!

As there is no vetting procedure prior to Google Reviews being published, after recently finding out that they can also be damaging to SEO,
Ideally I'd like to take that review off completely, but since that is not possible, is there ANY way that Review listings can appear like alphabetically rather than chronologically?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Alpine,

I have moved your above post from the Google Small Business community to your thread here. Making more than one post of the same subject is considered spamming the communities. Please refrain from doing this. The Google Small Business community does not cover the Google My Business product and you need to direct all inquiries to this community. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks James,

by the way I am not Spamming, merely trying to find solutions, Google Helpdesk Phone support can not help, so I don't know who to ask anymore. 

Apparently this Thread has been solved? Sorry but it is not solved.

Re: Alter Layout of Google Map Business Reviews ?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Alpine H wrote:

Apparently this Thread has been solved? Sorry but it is not solved.

This response of @Alpine H  to @J Clemens is pure nonsense.

The query of this thread was literally just this: ''...does anyone know how to alter the layout of Google Reviews on Google Maps?"

My answer marked by @J Clemens as best was "I'm afraid 

but such feature (or settings) don't exist with GMB"

Informing about GMB facts on a asked "how to alter" question is answerign the asked question. Facts are facts! even if the don't enjoy the asker.

If I would ask in any political community the question "Does nayone know how I could become the next  POTUS and would get the answer "I'm afraid but you can't become the next POTUS as  the US constitution require to select only persons born as Americans" - to reply on such a correct answer it didn't solve my problem would be nonsense too.

Again @Alpine H:

facts are facts - keep this rule in mind and learn to consider facts as facts.