My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

All of My Pins, Reviews & Knowledge Panel for Google My Business Are Gone?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

This morning we woke to our Google Business Pins gone from search completely. I noticed the problem was started to show up in more and more communities online so thought I would post our blog post on the fix here: All our pins are missing, how to fix it.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike H
April 2016

Re: All of My Pins, Reviews & Knowledge Panel for Google My Business Are Gone?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Thanks for sharing Mike! What a crazy April 1st, I love how since it's on April fool's, it's a little tough to post it and get it taken seriously. Like Whitespark's headline: Disappearing Google Local Listings & Reviews - NOT an April Fool's Joke.

There's an active thead in the local search forum too:
http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-local/40957-possible-bug-april-1-impacting-reviews-listings-g...

The biggest take-away that you didn't already mention in your post Mike, was that for bulk users (dozens or hundreds of listings) you can also correct the issue by bulk-uploading the csv with very minor changes to the description. (Add a space or remove a period, any difference will fix it). 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: All of My Pins, Reviews & Knowledge Panel for Google My Business Are Gone?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, the timing is pretty hilarious, my first thought this morning with a 20% visibility drop in SEMRush, was someone pulling an April fools joke on me (I almost spit out my coffee) Ohhh, great to know on the bulk update!! Too funny, I was replying to Joy this morning on Google Local Search Pros Community right before she posted it on localsearchforum.com and then we started seeing it on all kinds of other sites. It's actually starting to happen to some of our local competitors, I guess I'll find out if they read our blog:)