My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Agency with Multiple Businesses - Issues with data and images being switched between profiles

c p
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
c p
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've managed multiple My Business accounts for different businesses  - from one login.  I've done this for about 7 years with no real issues.

About a year ago I had an incident in which I changed data in one business profile - and the new data manged to "add itself" to another of my profiles.  The data was photos, business category, and phone number.

I noticed this immediately and deleted the new data from the profile that I had not edited..

Recently, a client has contacted me saying that their business profile has been suspended - due to a certain number of changes in a short time.  I have not worked on their profile in several years.  However, it seems that some of the data edits that I have made to other clients profiles have managed to find their way into this clients profile.

This is an unfortunate situation.  And to not cause any further problems with this particular client, I have completely removed myself from their profile.

I understand that " Best practice for consultant's/agencies is separate accounts. " link

I had had no prior issues.  And, honestly, I never thought that I would need separate accounts.  It never occurred to me.

If there's a place to report this kind of profile function error - and possibly get the client un-suspended.. I would love to know.  Any thoughts? (Thank you in advance.)

FYI folks.

My best to you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Agency with Multiple Businesses - Issues with data and images being switched between profiles

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

One remark please:

the quoted  " link" is bit outdated as well.

the best practice now for a service provide as you seem being one ist applying this HC article:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/6085339?hl=en

to your question how to report your actual issue I have no good idea

Re: Agency with Multiple Businesses - Issues with data and images being switched between profiles

c p
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
c p
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Helmut.

For the reply.. and the updated link.
If you happen to stumble across any ideas about reporting this situation.. I'd be appreciative.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

It's really hard to advise since I have no insights about the actual content of your apparently pretty "unorganazied" dashboard.

Perhaps you should start organize the dashboard at first into client-related "buiness accounts" 

If this is done read this article

and therein the link "appeal to be reinstated"

c p
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
c p
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you again for your reply.
Your advice certainly seems appropriate. I'll certainly look to it and the links you posted as guidance.