My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Afraid to delete duplicate location (might delete entire account?!)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi folks, I was logged into my account and it notified me that my page has a duplicate. I think I must have created this before and then created the published one (the one I want to keep) after. So the first one is redundant and I'm happy to remove it. However, going through the options to remove it, I ended up at the page which I've print screened on the attached file. I'm just afraid to go through with the confirmation as it sounds like it might delete my whole account and all history of the published page too, along with all reviews etc which I've worked so hard for.

If anyone could please confirm whether this is safe, or if it's an unknown glitch and I may end up deleting everything and I'm better off waiting or doing nothing?

Any help would be great :)

Image is here: https://11714008143735706025.googlegroups.com/attach/301952f38dc69/FireShot%20Screen%20Capture%20%23...

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cormac O
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Cormac O

See my given answer in here:

Need to remove locations from Google Business Account Listing

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cormac O
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Cormac O

See my given answer in here:

Need to remove locations from Google Business Account Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot for the speedy reply. I didn't even have time to edit my post to include the link to the image :)

Your instructions reassure me, but I agree with the other posting, the wording should be updated, when you have duplicate listing of the ONLY listing you have on your account and both have the same name, it is a very uncertain destiny from ticking the boxes :)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I went through and did it and after deleting it took me to my account home and it looked like there was no mention of the business anywhere so I thought it had removed the whole thing (maybe because both names were the same, the duplicate and the published), but all seems good now, no more formatting errors or duplicate pages showing up in the listing and the page is still there and reviews and everything else :)

Thanks a lot for the help and reassurance!