My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Address updated but still seeing old address on some devices

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - We updated our business recently and as of 7/15 it should be completely up to date. I've tested this by searching for my business on Google maps (app and browser) and in a basic Google search. Everything is working perfectly for me...however, I have some colleagues that are still seeing the old address when they do a search. What's the cause of this and how can it be fixed? (please see screenshot below...should not say "Cisco Building E")

searchingimage1.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Address updated but still seeing old address on some devices

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@ForeScout T

You posted your question in the API board of GoogleMyBusiness (GMB).

I doubt this is the right board as you are likely not asking about any GMB-API application you're developping.

If I'm mistaken please apologize.

But your description of the issue seem not even being any kind of GMB issue but  a GMaps search issue.

And it has nothings to do with mobile 

I can replicate this as well searching for "190 W Tasman San Jose" on GMaps compared to  a search for "190 W Tasman Dr San Jose" on desktop:

Searching for "190 W Tasman Dr San Jose" on GMaps on desktop gives me this result:

Screenshot 2016-08-19 at 17.58.28.png

And searching for "190 W Tasman San Jose" gives me the Cisco Building:

Screenshot 2016-08-19 at 17.59.15.png

IMHO this differences have nothings to do with the scope of this help forum being GoogleMyBusiness but with GMaps searches fro street addresses.

I strongly recommend seeking more help about this addressing issue  in the GMaps forum