My Business
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Address not being updated, my business showing as closed when it's open, please help!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I moved my business. When I entered the new address, I did not put "North" on the street, it showed the wrong address on Google business, and now my edits, while showing as approved, are not being updated. Can you please update? This is causing confusion when I need clarity the most, as people are looking for my new address!

Here is my business name and correct address:

Chambers Financial Group

285 Clearwater Largo Rd North

Largo, FL 33770

phone: 727.216.6280

Business is open!

I would appreciate your help! Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Address not being updated, my business showing as closed when it's open, please help!!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Curtis,

If you have access to this page in business.google.com/manage then that is the best place to mark the business as open as it has more weight than providing feedback through Maps.

This article explains how to do that: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6323743?hl=en

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Re: Address not being updated, my business showing as closed when it's open, please help!!

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Curtis,

Sorry you are having issues. First off, do you have a Google MyBusiness account (https://www.google.com/business/) with a claimed listing? You did not specify earlier and this is teh best way to keep your business listing accurate and up to date.

Secondly, through Google Map Maker and Maps itself you can report this business as incorrectly closed and suggest a correct address (which I have already done for you). You can also do this by searching for your business and suggesting feedback from your search results and I suggest you do this as well to make Google aware of the issue from myself and your account.

If you have any other issue please contact Support https://support.google.com/business/?hl=en#topic=4539639

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Jordan, yes I have a MyBusiness account. I originally entered the address and left off the "North" and this caused the wrong address to show. I am thinking when I corrected this a second time, perhaps I was thought to be a bot or something. I did send Feedback though MyBusiness and MapMaker. Thank you for your help!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Curtis,

If you have access to this page in business.google.com/manage then that is the best place to mark the business as open as it has more weight than providing feedback through Maps.

This article explains how to do that: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6323743?hl=en

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You guys are great, I really appreciate the help!