My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Address and Service Area Settings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I recently started a Cleaning and Property Maintenance business that does work at clients' locations.

www.poconoservices.com

Is there any way to show up as a location on the map?  I feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick here in the display results:

- I type in the google search: pocono services

- I scroll to below the small map and click, "More places"

- I scroll through the list and my business doesn't even show up :-/

Help/suggestions please?

- Jess

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pocono. A few things one, your business does show up on maps when I google Pocono Quality Services. WHen I google Pocono Services I find there is a business named "Pocono Services For Families." That listing looks solid (47 reviews) etc.

When I google 'pocono cleaning services' you are not in the maps yet but you are #16 in the organic results. Note just because you are on the maps doesn't mean that you will show up in the map results for any specific search. I would suggest continue doing what you are doing on your website (page 2 currently) and work on getting some real reviews rolling in.

Ok wait looking at your website I see the town you are in is Mountainhome. When you google 'Mountainhome cleaning services' you are #1 in the maps. Still continue on with what I said above and in time you can start showing up in other areas too based on your service area.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

as a business servicing your customers at their location only you are requested to create the listing as a service area business with hidden address.

In this case you can get a location marker on GMaps 

You get indicated on GMaps with your hightlighted (in red) service area only

N/A
# 4
N/A

Thank you!  I also decreased my service area so now there's a red circle!

So the only other way to boost my ranking in map view is to get reviews?