My Business
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Additional Business Names?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone know how to list different variations in names for a single business?  For example, my company's official name is "The P-Treatment by Dr. Deborah Dunn, MD MPH" - however, people will search just her name or just PTreatment..... I need to add several variations.  

Thanks for any help!

The P-Treatment by Dr. Deborah Dunn
3410 Far West Blvd. Suite 120, Austin, TX 78731
512-492-8868
https://goo.gl/maps/xwMrD3SAmM72
www.ptreatment.com

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

There is no option for that. There is only one field for entering the business name.  I don't see any reason why entering the full name would cause any problems, as the search would most likely pick up any of those variations.

Just an aside, do you have more than one doctor working there?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for replying - it's weird Google doesn't have an option for alternate business names.  Even the Yellow Pages offers the ability to add "also known as" terms to their listings, and it isn't like they're a cutting edge search engine......

Anyhoo - Dr. Dunn is the only doctor in our facility - it's an intentionally small and discrete practice.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Ok, np. If there were other doctors there I would have suggested an alternative, in that a doctor can have a separate listing from the practice. However in your case it will split the listing for no real benefit since the Dr's name is already in the listing name. You will need to use - The P-Treatment by Dr. Deborah Dunn - to stay within the guidelines.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Elizabeth, 

I believe Google used to have this option either directly in GMB, or in MapMaker (don't remember), but most businesses didn't use and ones that did often abused / spammed it. 

In general, Google is pretty good at linking connected entities and showing relevant results in search, but you might want to do some foundational local optimization tactics to help with that - build a few local citations, work on your on-page copy to make the connection clearer, obtain a few online reviews (on Google and other authority sites) perhaps think of implementing structured data. It will take time, but eventually Google will be able to see the connection.