AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Adding seasonal hours -- date range?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our business has seasonal hours during the summer. However, I can't seem to find where I can enter those hours as a date range. For example, from May 21 to September 21, we are open until 10pm every day. Do I need to enter those times individually for each and every day within that range? Or do I have to change our regular business hours and then set a reminder for myself to change them back after the season?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adding seasonal hours -- date range?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brian

You've basically outlined the 2 choices available:
1. Add your extended hours as 'special hours' - but this will be painful since special hours can only be added day by day
2. Change your core hours to 10pm every day for that period - which can be done as a block - and then re-set them after 21 Sep, again as a block.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,
we have the same issue and im sure many other businesses. I think adding a feature like that would benefit many people. Is it possible to open a ticket for this feature request? Im sure this is not top priority but definitely of a reasonable importance.
Thank you in advance!
Ori

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@מכון ד

Are you aware the existent feature of "special hours": https://support.google.com/business/answer/6303076?hl=en ?

any other feature request can send to the developers via the feedback option of GoogleMyBusiness:

screenshot-business.google.com 2016-07-24 10-29-12.png

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

The fact that you can't do this is ludicrous. Hey Google! Listen up! No-one wants to create 90 individual lines one by one.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I found the answer. You have to upload hours via Spreadsheet.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/6303076

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to set a date range for the same hours?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

there has got to be a better way then creating a spreadsheet or putting in a months worth of days...  how do we send them a message to say away on vacation from this date to this date?

Not applicable
# 9
Not applicable

HOW DO I PLACE CLOSED BUSINESS DAYS FOR 3 WEEKS TO LET CLIENTS KNOW WE ARE CLOSED FOR HOLIDAY?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

The answer is 3 posts back.

Aside: I think your caps lock key might be stuck. May want to get that looked at.