My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Adding managers - Google account required?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I manage a Page (originally a G+ Page, now a Google Page for Businesses) for a marine science program I work for. I will be retiring in the coming year and want to set things up for smooth transition to new ownership. I've read the Help document about adding managers but it's not clear whether the new manager needs to have a Google account before I can invite them to manage the page, or whether inviting them via their (non-Google) email address will suffice.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Adding managers - Google account required?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey @Pat K

I tried this sometimes ago and the adding feature did not work unless the invited user owns a Google account.

My tests regarding this have been made in spring this year - so it might now being differently.

Means you have to try it your self (unless other fellows TC know better).

In case the invite you send will not arrive or arriving but  being not usable by the designated admin you can tell him to create a Google account.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Adding managers - Google account required?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey @Pat K

I tried this sometimes ago and the adding feature did not work unless the invited user owns a Google account.

My tests regarding this have been made in spring this year - so it might now being differently.

Means you have to try it your self (unless other fellows TC know better).

In case the invite you send will not arrive or arriving but  being not usable by the designated admin you can tell him to create a Google account.