My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Adding Nature Reserves to Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I manage a website to promote 10 council managed nature reserves within the City of Cambridge, UK. There is one postal address for the parks office, but the reserves don't have a mailbox for verification. How can I get the 10 reserves as verified entries onto Google Maps? I also don't really want a Google+ page for each reserve as it would be better to have one that could promote all 10 places.

Cambridge LNR

01223 457000

https://business.google.com/u/0/b/100499722596043799460/dashboard/l/01801561553583390029?hl=en

Cambridge City Council
P.O Box 700
Cambridge 
CB1 OJH

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adding Nature Reserves to Google Maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
create a local page for the main office and perhaps a brand page describing
the 10 reserves.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Helmut, so if the local office has a map marker - can the brand pages also have a marker? This is the main problem, the office isn't really public (a person can't visit it - it's just an office within the main council building).

I noticed within Google maps (searching 'nature reserve in Cambridge' - UK) there are a few places listed with a little 'tree' icon - that's the kind of thing we'd like? But not sure how we go about it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I still haven't resolved this problem. I don't think the Brand page will work, as that assumes there is no physical location. The reserves have a physical location (just not a postal address). If I search 'Nature Reserve Cambridge' other results come up, e.g. Coton Nature Reserve' which is similar in that it doesn't have a physical office - this is what I'm trying to achieve - ideally with the tree marker too - any ideas how I go about adding that?

Thanks, Mel