AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Added as a manager to Google My Business, but can't access YouTube

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I was recently added as a manager for a Google My Business account, but can't access our YouTube channel. I was added via this method:

On YouTube, make sure you pick the right channel. Then go to the channel's account settings and click Add or remove managers. To add a manager, enter the email address of whoever you want to be a manager. Click Invite.

I can now see the GMB account, but I get this error message when I try to access the company YouTube channel:"We are sorry, but you do not have access to this service. Please contact your domain administrator for access." 

What are we doing wrong? As an FYI, my email address is @mybusinessname, and is powered by Gmail. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Added as a manager to Google My Business, but can't access YouTube

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Ashley C,

Thanks for writing! This sounds to be a bit more of a YouTube question than Google My Business (though very much interconnected!). I would recommend this article, or to try the YouTube help forum with your question. I'm sorry that I'm not able to be of further help! 

Liz

GMB Community Manager 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Ashley C,

Thanks for writing! This sounds to be a bit more of a YouTube question than Google My Business (though very much interconnected!). I would recommend this article, or to try the YouTube help forum with your question. I'm sorry that I'm not able to be of further help! 

Liz

GMB Community Manager 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am trying to do the same thing and have been searching for a solution for over an hour. Since YouTube is connected via the Google+ account, and there are support questions in the google my business section around YouTube, directing us to the YouTube forum isn't providing a clear answer.

Question: How do I set up managers on my company's YouTube page?
Answer: the recommended article you shared above is NOT helpful. The manager had an option to set their default channel as the corporate channel name, however, this did not give them access to the YouTube page, instead it created a new channel using the same name. Not helpful, as I don't want to give the main login information out to all of our managers.

Can you please direct me on how to properly set up users to manager the same YouTube account?

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi @Evolve I,

This forum is only for Google My Business questions, and YouTube is out of scope here.

This thread is now closed to further replies, given that it is extremely old and already has been marked with a best answer.