My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Add keywords in Google Business.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I put keywords on the Google Business? My customer has four different funeral service in Stockholm and has a google business with a map for each one.  When searching for our company's name it will turn up with map, but when searching with different keywords it doesn't come up. Do I need to put the keywords outside Google e.g. the website?The Google Business pages looks the same for all four pages, only different address.  Please see my problems on the printscreen. I want them to show up with a map when searching for e.g. funeral Järfälla and fungeral Sollentuna.

Printscreen.jpg

What should I do? Please help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Add keywords in Google Business.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Correct about the website. You want to make sure that your website is sending Google all the right signals about what services you provide. So optimize the site accordingly. There are a ton of great resources out there if you look around.

You also want to make sure that you select relevant categories on other business directory

type websites like Yellow pages. Google looks at those as well.

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks lot! Just what I thought. I found only one category (fungeral ) I will ask my client if he wants me to make new websites in Wp. Then I can SEO-optimise them. Have a nicey day! Bee

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
One more thing. How do I get a map with a red needle under the website when searching on Google?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Depends on what specifically you are referring to. Can you provide an example?

Google recently removed the pin from regular search. See here - http://blumenthals.com/blog/2015/12/03/google-nukes-the-local-pin-for-one-boxes/
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky