My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Add a location on G-maps for the same business?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a dental clinic with two physical offices that operates under the same name.

The first one is visible on Google Maps, and I would like to add and verify the second one as well.

From my understanding the right way to do it is to add a location in My Business. When trying to do just that for the second office, I get a pop-up box saying this business already exists in my account and when I press continue I'm re-directed back to the dashboard. 

How do I set this up correctly so I don't create a duplicate of the first page? 

Do I need to edit the name for the second office? For example to something similar to "Torshov Tannlegesenter AS Sentrum"? That somehow seems to counter the guidelines on setting up business and chains: "All locations must have the same name unless the business’s real world representation consistently varies from location to location."

Is/will it be a problem that the phone number is the same for both offices?

Is/will it be a problem that the address for the second office is in a business complex with several businesses, of which some are already on Google Maps with the same address?
Does each location require an individual G+-page?

Details for the first, published, office:

1: Full business name: Torshov Tannlegesenter AS

2. Current business address:  [censored]erheimgata 18 Oslo 0475
3. Current telephone number: 22 37 66 31
4. Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/+TorshovTannlegesenterASOslo

Details for the second, non-published, office:

1. Full business name: Torshov Tannlegesenter AS
2. Current business address: Schweigaards gate 6 Oslo 0185
3. Current telephone number: 22 37 66 31
4. Google+ URL: N/A

I'd appreciate all the help I can get. If some necessary information is missing, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you. 

EDIT: Part of the proper address for the first business is censored. The three missing letters are the first ones of the following words: Flower Autumn Green

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Add a location on G-maps for the same business?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Sara N

Yes, the second office will need to have its own phone number. That is likely why Google isn't allowing you to create a listing for it.

You will be able to give it the same name as your other location (just not the same phone number).
Being located in a business complex with other businesses won't be an issue.
Yes, the new location will have its own G+ page.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Add a location on G-maps for the same business?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @TomW

Thank you very much for your time and answer!