My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Add Manager field missing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As you can see from the screenshot, the windows does not allow to add manager despite the guidance provided in this support link. Please advise urgently.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3403100?hl=en

Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 16.37.10.png

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Add Manager field missing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Amaury A

I just checked 10 of my accounts and all ok. So i am guessing this is something to do with your computer.

Do you have another you can try on, perhaps update your chrome version, clear cache and settings.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
In addition to Tim's excellent points about trying from a different browser and clearing cache, can you confirm you're logging in as the actual owner?

Only the 'owner' account can assign managers, and sometimes people do log in with a different Google account to the 'owner' account.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amaury A
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Amaury A

lemme give my two cents to this matter - based on Amaury's screen capture and comparing views in my own dashboard for several pages.

In all cases where I have been logged into my account in a page of my dashboard where I'm the owner of the page I get the option to add new or additional managers (this seem the sama as @Tim Capper said)

But in case I have been logged in with my account in my dashboard to a page where I am the manager of this page "only" I of course can't expect to add new manager to the page in question.

My tab "manager" for such pages I'm the manager only  look exactly as the screenshot @Amaury A provided.

This said I very much suspect Amaury made the screenshot for the page not being logged in as the page owner but as one of the two other manager accounts.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Contributors -- Thank you very much for your input.

Before posting a question, I've tried with other accounts and browser. As a matter of fact, it was not enough; hence my try in incognito mode of Firefox. Worst, in the first browser, Chrome, support was not accessible (Email or Phone) which should not happen; support should not be cookie dependent. Keep being surprise by lower standards on gMaps related products / services compared to other stuff delivered by Google. Hope it'll change over time.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
as a matter of fact:
Support (email / phone) needs to be signed in to a Google account and this
account must have in its dashboard GMB pages to contact the support about.