AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Account used to verify Google Business no longer exists. Can't transfer ownership.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am having a tough time requesting ownership of our other verified Google Business account because the linked account no longer exists, as it was set up by the person who had this position before me.  When I try to log in under the e mail address that was set up for that location, it says the account doesn't exist.  Furthermore, when I try to request ownership, that request is more than likely going to an e mail address that doesn't exist anymore.  I have verified and control our current address, but have no idea how to gain ownership of our other place to link them on the same account.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Mark

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account used to verify Google Business no longer exists. Can't transfer ownership.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Sockeye B

you are using in your post the term "verified Google Business account"

I have to be sure:  are you talking really about a "verified Google Business account" or just about a "verified GoogleMyBusiness listing" -

both things are quite differently and likely need different procedure to transfer.

This HC article describes how to create a business accounthttps://support.google.com/business/answer/6085339?hl=en

and such can verified too.

And this https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778?hl=en

describes how to  "verify a GoogleMyBusiness listing".

Please clarify 

Re: Account used to verify Google Business no longer exists. Can't transfer ownership.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is a Googly MyBusiness account that was set up under an e mail account
that doesn't exist anymore. So the problem I am faced with is that when it
says "contact current owner" there is no one to be contacted so there is no
way to transfer that account to me so I can link both of our locations
together. I hope that makes sense. Thank you for the response!

Mark

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
If talking about "verified GoogleMyBusiness listing" :

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL