My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Account recovery, verification code by email gives error.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the correct forum, if not please redirect me to the appropriate place.

What happened:

1. We made a gmail account with a youtube channel +3 years ago
  2. Weren't very active for a few years
  3. Last month we decided to revive the channel, recovered the account and changed the password
  4. Now, the password doesn't work anymore. We try to recover with:
    1. last known password - known
    2. recovery phone number - unknown, former eployee
    3. secret question - answer is known
    4. account created - we tried the date of the first upload
    5. recover e-mail adress - known
      Doing this last step, we received at the recovery e-mail adress a verification code. After filling in this 6-digit code, I get this error. fail
  5. HELP?

Kind regards,
Matthew

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account recovery, verification code by email gives error.

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Matthew V,

Thanks for writing. Unfortunately, I'm not able to offer too much help here as this does not seem to be an issue specific to Google My Business. I would, however, recommend this troubleshooter to try and get your account login recovered. 

Best of luck, and I'm sorry I'm not able to offer more help here!

Best,

Liz

GMB Community Manager 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had set up a recover account blackwhiteman701@gmail.com tied to my email account walkerc7197@gmail.com. Well my account blackwhiteman701 is still tied to the email  i normally log into. Well I got the code to retreve my password code #253463. When i go back to enter the code it goes back to where I normally log into my account to. I need help retrieving my recovery gmail blackwhiteman701@gmail.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had set up a recover account blackwhiteman701@gmail.com tied to my email account walkerc7197@gmail.com. Well my account blackwhiteman701 is still tied to the email  i normally log into. Well I got the code to retreve my password code #253463. When i go back to enter the code it goes back to where I normally log into my account to. I need help retrieving my recovery gmail blackwhiteman701@gmail.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Charles

This is not the best forum to answer your question. I recommend checking out this help article: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/1723426?hl=en

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog