My Business
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

A user suggested this status Permanently Closed

J H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
J H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have a similar problem and can't seem to find any online Google support here in the UK. When searching on my business on a mobile phone under the listing in big orange letters it says

I've logged in but the permanently closed option is already ticked correctly as No - irrespective of this i saved the information again and logged back out. I've asked other members of staff to check on their own mobiles and the same message is still displayed on their phones too. The message maybe putting off customers who incorrectly think our business is closed. How do i go about rectifying this?? Image Below

Many thanks

Justin

Aqua Narrowboats

1 Expert replyverified_user

J H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
J H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a contact for Google support UK as I still havent resolved how to get rid of this message. Although it states 'suuggested' I've already been contacted by some of our existing customers checking we are still open. Now wondering how many new potential customers haven't been in touch because of the message. If anyanyone can help I'd be very gratefull. Thanks

Re: A user suggested this status Permanently Closed

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @J H

People are able to "suggest an edit" on a listing, whether the info they're suggesting is correct or not. I would ask your staff members and customers to view the listing on mobile (preferably while they're physically at the business), click on the message stating that someone suggested 'permanently closed', they will then be able to click on an option stating that the suggestion is wrong and that business is open. Hopefully that will override the incorrect suggestion and cause the message to go away.

I don't think there's anything support can do to remove the pending suggestion but you can try talking to them to see what they say. You can request a call by filling out the form here.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.