My Business
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

A Competitor has 130 fake reviews over the last month

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A Competitor has 130 fake reviews over the last month. This place does horrible work and for years their reviews showed that. Last I looked they only had 1.3 stars. Now they have 4.5 stars and some of the people that left reviews left them for all of their locations in other towns. They were rated F by the BBB and only have 2 stars in yelp. I do everything honest and have all positive reviews because of my work and customer service and now they are rated the same as me.  What can I do to fix this or is there anything that can be done? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: A Competitor has 130 fake reviews over the last month

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Scott R,
Not much you can do except report the page. There is no guarantee Google will investigate or remove the fake reviews.

Hope this helps
Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Scott R,
Not much you can do except report the page. There is no guarantee Google will investigate or remove the fake reviews.

Hope this helps
Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is such a bitter pill to swallow. When i have similar circumstances, i focus my energy on my business, especially customer service.

Nothing will ever change in these situations unless Google decides to pursue it. Move forward and my heart goes out to you.