My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

4 Business Locations, Added Suite # To All 4, Had Great Position, 1 Is Now Lost

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I really could use some help with this dilemma. A few months ago, I added Suite B to all of my Google pages both in Google My Business and their associated Google+ accounts. We had great ranking with all of them. This one is in Garden City, Long Island. There are a lot of other law firms in Garden City, but we had great rankings. We're a top-rated firm on Long Island. We realized that the Google Maps listing for Palermo Tuohy Bruno, P.L.L.C., in Garden City, is off the maps. I have to zoom in for the listing to appear on the left. When it does appear, I hover over the listing on the left and the pin drops on another law firms location on the map itself. 

We've seen a ~30% decrease in business from that area. We have more reviews than the other businesses listed. I've been posting on the Google+ page every day, added photos, added description, didn't touch any NAP information. I basically followed what to do to get your listing higher up in Google searches on the map (even though we were nearing the top prior to the addition to Suite B). Also, when I search my business name "Palermo Tuohy Bruno Google+", only 3 of my locations show up - not the Garden City location! Please, if this has happened to anyone else, help. 

Business name: Palermo Tuohy Bruno, P.L.L.C.

Current Address: 320 Old Country Road, Suite #203B, Garden City, NY 11530

(516) 240-9904

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/103959069586269470290/103959069586269470290

Check this out - there should be a Garden City location...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Palermo%20Tuohy%20Bruno%2C%20P.L.L.C.%20320%20Old%20Country%20Road%2...

Please help,

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 4 Business Locations, Added Suite # To All 4, Had Great Position, 1 Is Now Lost

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tony

I can see four listings, 

palermo.jpg

so we know Google knows it's there.  This isn't so much a GMB listing problem as a local search (SEO) problem.

Looking at the online footprint for Garden City, it doesn't seem to have as strong a presence as the others. Searching by address, that's the one office where there's no reference to your website on the first page of the results.  Look at your citations for that office, and references to your business from authority sites in that area.

Is this a newer office?  If so, that will be having an impact as well.

Normally I'd recommend individual pages on a website for individual offices.  If you do that, be aware it may shake things up a little with unpredictable results, so perhaps start with Garden City.  If you get the results you're after, then roll that out to the next location.

Be sure to make each page relevant and useful for searchers in that area - and be sure each page is unique.

HTH

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog