My Business
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

3 listings for the same location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

My client is a kitchen and bath showroom with single location. At one point they had 6 entries in Google My Business - which I had to verify one by one and delete afterwards. Now they have 3 duplicates. I claimed all and can delete the 2 of them so supposedly 1 will remain but here are my 2 questions:

1- All 3 have reviews - I don't want to delete them, is there a way to merge these listings into 1?

2- I know Google pulls in data from different sources and this business changed it's name relatively recent. How can I permanently solve this issue and make sure no more location will popup after we fix it?

PS: I tried other post recommendations on sending feedback to google and trying to call them but look like Google removed the phone number and the report data issue form does not help me

Thanks.
Erkan

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 3 listings for the same location

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @ErkanY,

Can you send through the G+ URLs for the three listings so I can take a look?

Thanks,
Liz

GMB Community Manager 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you @ElizabethP

Here are the G+ URLs

1- https://plus.google.com/b/102244901412538510755/102244901412538510755/about?gmbpt=true&hl=en
This one has 9 reviews
2- https://plus.google.com/b/107947726885719913681/+AquaKitchenandBathDesignCenterWayne/videos?gmbpt=tr...
This one has 4 reviews and client's YouTube is connected to this one
3- https://plus.google.com/b/103977687212587119345/103977687212587119345/about?gmbpt=true&hl=en
This one has the most review (17)

As you see each has either review or the YouTube connection. So I really don't want to delete any of them

I would appreciate if we can merge all in one

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ErkanY
August 2016

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Thanks for sending! I requested the merge of these three, and it typically takes 24-48 hours to go through. Hope that helps to correct the issue!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot @ElizabethP can't wait to see the issue as resolved - Will follow up tomorrow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @ElizabethP unfortunately I still see 3 listings in "Google My Business" dashboard. Could you please follow up on the request? I appreciate your help on this as it is very important for my client

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
That's odd--I'm seeing only one listing. Let me know if you're still facing this issue. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@ElizabethP I see support team "unpublished" the 2 locations and did not merge the listings - This means the reviews from those 2 unpublished listings are gone. Also the listing which has connected YouTube account is also unpublished

I could have done this myself in the beginning - delete/unpublish duplicate listings but what I really need was merging all 3 - is it not possible?

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

Hi @ErkanY,

The listings have been merged. If you pull up the remaining one and take a look at the reviews, you will see that all reviews are there. The counter is still at 17, and this will just take some time to update to the current total number, which does include all the reviews. 

Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@ElizabethP confirmed I can see the reviews merged - I appreciate the help on this. How about the connected YouTube account? Any way to move it to the live listing (Google+) as well?