My Business
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

3 adresses and the headquarters never appear in search results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 3 registered addresses for my business in Google My Business. When someone does a search on the result of this search always appears the least important address, even if the adress of the headquertes is included in the search query. How can I make the headquarters address always appear when someone search my business with the adress of the headquarters?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jose

When the search is happening, does it matter if the search is a branded search or a category search?  Do you get the same results?

Can you also provide details of the listings you mean so I can investigate?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Margaret

No matter the search is a branded search or category seach, the result is the same adress (not the headquarters).

When you ask for the listings you mean the adresses of the stores? 

Thanks for helping me.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jose

Biz name and addresses would be good, yes.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Avilas Spaces - Virtual Office Solutions

Avenida João Crisóstomo 30, Lisboa, PT

Avilas Spaces - Business Center & Coworking Space

Av. João Crisóstomo 30, Lisboa, PT

Avilas Spaces - Business Center & Coworking Space

Av. da República, 6, Lisboa, PT

The 3º is the headquarter and when i search for "Avilaspaces avenida da republica" the result is the 2º

Thanks in advance

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jose B
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Jose

After looking around the web as well as your own site, I think Google's biggest problem is that it doesn't see the two separate sites as having separate identities.

There's the geographical issue - the offices are very close together.

As well, on your website both offices are listed together.  

You can see evidence of G's confusion 2 ways - one (as you mentioned) you search for the 3rd and G gives me both the 3rd and 2nd listings.  As well, if you look at the Knowledge Panel, you'll see the info for the 2nd address ties to a FB place with the address of the 3rd.

So I'm thinking Google is perhaps taking the older listing and giving it preference since there seems to be an identity issue.

Things you can do:

1) on your own website, create separate pages with unique content for each of the office locations.

2) Embed the relevant GMB listing map into each of those pages.

3) Use schema to make it easy for search engines to digest the information about that location on each page.

4) Tie those pages to separate FB pages, one or two other key places where you are clearly separating the identities of the two offices.

5) Have separate citations listings for each office.

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MargaretO,

I'll act on your advice. His explanation was very fruitful. Thank you for your kindness.