My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

3 addresses are listed for us - one is incorrect and the other has closed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Company name: Smith Stone Walters Ltd

Business address no. 1: Hanover Place, 8 Ravensbourne Road, Bromley. BR1 1HP

Business address no. 2: 12 Masons Avenue, London. EC2V 5BT

Contact tel.: 0208 461 6660 (ask for Lucy)

Google+ URL:  https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/108804999684785416613/+Smithstonewalters

Hi, We have problems with our listings on Google search - every day we have clients using Google to find us but they are consistently directed to the wrong address! This is extremely embarrassing and damaging for our business.

We have two UK business addresses, one in central London and one in Bromley, however Google search shows us as having two Bromley address and BOTH of these addresses are INCORRECT!  

I have submitted an 'Edit' for these incorrect addresses on Google numerous times and have received no response or seen any changes, and we do not know what else to do!

One address (BR1 1LT) needs to be deleted completely as it our old office address and the other (BR2 0BP) needs to be amended to 'Hanover Place, 8 Ravensbourne Road, Bromley. BR1 1HP' as per my suggested edit.

Our monthly Google Business Report comes through and tells us how many people saw us on Google maps and how many people asked for directions to our business, and it is really embarrassing to know that almost all of these clients were directed to an incorrect address. 

Is there anything which I can do to have this changed ASAP?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David

Are both these listings in your dashboard? business.google.com/manage

if so, then you should be editing your address details in there and then if necessary verifying the change via a code (sent by postcard). This is the best way to change address details as 'suggest an edit' via maps can take a very long time, and can even be denied on occasion.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Priya,

Thank you for your advice. 

No. The only address listed on business.google.com/manage is our central London office. We are at our wits end as clients keep using google to search for our Bromley office address and end up visiting either our previous Bromley office or a residential house in Ravensbourne Avenue (instead of Ravensbourne Road - which it should be). Both of these incorrect addresses are linked to the google directions button when a search is applied.   

We spend a sizable sum on adwords and I am close to pulling the plug on this until it can be resolved. 

Can you offer any further advice? 

Thanks. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi David

Can you provide the URL listings to the two incorrect addresses please? I'll see if I can do anything once I've got that information.

Also, you said that only the London address is in your dashboard - has a listing actually been created for the correct Bromley address? If so, please provide that Maps URL as well.

If not, then I highly recommend either creating a listing for the Bromley address immediately or gaining control of it from whomever does have it in their dashboard so that you can manage both your listings in the same account.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: 3 addresses are listed for us - one is incorrect and the other has closed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Priya,

Thank you again for your support.

Can you provide the URL listings to the two incorrect addresses please

Here are the Google search URLs for the incorrect address listings:

Title House (this address needs to be removed/disassociated from our business): https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=smith%20stone%20walte...

Hanover Place (this needs to be amended to Hanover Place, 8 Ravensbourne Road, Bromley. BR1 1HP): https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=smith%20stone%20walte...

creating a listing for the Bromley address immediately

We have now added a listing on the dashboard for the correct Bromley address (Hanover Place, 8 Ravensbourne Road, Bromley. BR1 1HP). Incidentally, by adding a 2nd address, we seem to have created a 2nd google+ page. Is that what normally happens?
Kind regards

David Hugkulstone
Director
T: +44 (0) 208 461 6660
smithstonewalters.com

[cid:287F2B5B-5702-4661-9C93-B07DAD6E3213]
[cid:image003.jpg@01CFCDB8.8BD96330][cid:image004.jpg@01CFCDB8.8BD96330][cid:image005.jpg@01CFCDB8.8BD96330]

Hanover Place, 8 Ravensbourne Road, Bromley BR1 1HP | OISC registration number: F200100066

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments immediately.