My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

2 different businesses on 2 accounts- but keyword brings up only 1 on googlemybusiness

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

We have 2 different accounts and 2 different businesses in 2 different locations. However, 1 of the keywords which is the owner's name is common to both. When a user searches the name, the SERP brings up both businesses but googlemybusiness- image on the right hand side or above the text results, show only 1 business- let's call it business B. This is problematic because the other business- business A is more popular and that's the one we want to show for the image result or googlemybusiness result.

Can someone please help explain why this is happening and / or how to change this (if we can change it)?

Thank you

Ash

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Asha P
October 2016

Re: 2 different businesses on 2 accounts- but keyword brings up only 1 on googlemybusiness

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Asha P

The KP is generally displayed based upon the users search query >> xyz in location

Or Google uses the searches IP address and or Geo location in mobile to display the nearest business location.

You can make sure that Google displays the correct location to the correct search based upon how you structure the website and the location pages, also the structured data you implement on site.

Without any business info, I can't give you any specific recommendations.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Asha P
October 2016

Re: 2 different businesses on 2 accounts- but keyword brings up only 1 on googlemybusiness

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Asha P

The KP is generally displayed based upon the users search query >> xyz in location

Or Google uses the searches IP address and or Geo location in mobile to display the nearest business location.

You can make sure that Google displays the correct location to the correct search based upon how you structure the website and the location pages, also the structured data you implement on site.

Without any business info, I can't give you any specific recommendations.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

2 different businesses on 2 accounts- but keyword brings up only 1 on googlemybusiness

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Tim. I guess the more popular business will have to prioritize the keyword in question.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey @Asha P

Dont forget correct structure on site and content on site, Google uses this information to display business KP to users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Tim