My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

1 business with multiple locations have 1 Google + business page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have 1 website but have store in 5 locations through out 1 state. Can I create 1 Google plus business page for all the 5 stores. The website, business name and phone number is same but the address of 5 locations are different. I don't want to have 5 Google + business pages to manage later. Is it possible if I create 1 Google plus page but have 5 locations and each will be verified later for better Google Maps showcase?

If it's possible then how?

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nancy S
November 2015

Re: 1 business with multiple locations have 1 Google + business page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Definitely not. I'd post the relevant guideline, but I don't even think it's mentioned anywhere. There's only one address box, so I don't even know how you would go about doing such a thing. 

It's really not that big of a deal to manage 5 Google my Business profiles. If you create them all from the same Google my Business account, they'll all be in one place, and you'll have an easy overview on what's going on. Plus, you really do want separate statistics on each location. 

A much bigger issue is the phone number. I don't know what kind of storefronts you have, but if they're real offices you should be having a representative at the relevant location answering the phone when someone calls in. Even aside from the customer's experience when they pick up the phone, you're likely to run into problems if you try and have 5 profiles that all have the same name, same phone number, and only differ in their address. I'd even suggest making a separate landing page on your site for each location so you have a different page to link to from each of the 5 profiles, but not doing that at least won't get your profiles banned for spam. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Nancy,

There are 2 different types of Google Plus pages - Brand pages and Local Pages. Local ones are the ones that show up and rank on Maps and you have to pick an address for that one. You can't use multiples. Brand pages are what someone like Coca Cola has to post about their brand.

You guys are a local business from the sounds of it so I would probably advise going with 5 local pages. What type of business is it? Can you list your website?

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I get that Local Pages are intended to be for a specific location, but our organization -- which has 10 branches that are managed centrally -- doesn't want to end up with 10 different communication channels. Is it possible to use My Business to claim the listings that appear in Google Maps so that we can adjust hours, photos, etc. centrally, without creating a G+ page for each one?

Re: 1 business with multiple locations have 1 Google business page?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
GoogleMyBusiness Locations is dedicated to manage such scenarion.
Create and submit a bulk feed for ten or more locations

https://support.google.com/business/topic/4596653?hl=en&ref_topic=4539578

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you would confirm/clarify for me, if it is one business with three office locations, I simply need to set up the three locations in my one google my business account? Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Maureen R

the simpe answer is:

Yes each location requires creating each own GoogleMyBusiness listing.

For any more questions please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Will close this thread now for new replies