My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

1 Local and 2 business areas

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, we are a company with a local in "my business", but we have created a completely new service that has nothing to do with the core business of the company, although the address is the same.

The main activity of the company is "Design and Print" and the new service is a central hotel reservation and offers a different and completely separate website.

I think it is best to create a brand in today's local, but the question is but in brand can not choose the appropriate category, which in this case does not match the main activity of the company.

Should we create a new location even with the same direction ?.

Could anyone guide us?

Thanks and regards.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 1 Local and 2 business areas

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Juan, you can create a second local page if the business meets the Quality Guidelines. I would highly recommend using a separate business phone number.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Colan Hi, thanks for your quick response. That is what we will do. But only two questions.

Is there any problem with that is the same address in two locations and put eg one fixed telephone and mobile phone in the other?
Can we erase the mark that already had created in the first location?

Thanks, again.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Juan, please provide the business details. Otherwise I am just guessing.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Colan Sorry, I should have started with that.

Main: Graphic Design, web design and digital printing. This company already has a location in google.

New area of ​​business: booking portal for hotels, restaurants, events, .... This is the area of ​​business we do not know whether to create a brand or a new location. It's actually the same company but is a completely independent activity of the main activity and also has a separate website. So if we create as a brand we can not indicate the correct category in this new area.

I've been researching on google documentation, and seems to coincide with your opinion to create a new location.

"... Two or more brands in the same location

If the location of the company combines two or more brands, do not mix brand names on a page. Instead, choose a brand name for the page. If brands operate independently, you can use a separate page for each brand at this location. ... ".

I would like to know your opinion.

Greetings and thank you.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hello Juan Antonio,
Is the booking portal business an online and/or over the phone business with no official that potential customers can visit?
If it is, then it does not qualify for a Local business listing.
Only businesses that provide services and/or goods to customers in-person qualify for a Local listing.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The business area is largely virtual part because we want to attract customers through the network, but obviously we also do visits to customers and they can visit us at our facilities for advice and product procurement. So our facilities are at your disposal.
However the main problem that originated this query was the subject of the categories if Google clearly identifies the area's business portal bookings being a mark no problem. The only caveat here is that the main category has nothing to do with the new category, and obviously we want Google to know that they are two different business areas to meet separately in searches.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Juan, can you provide the businesses website so we can learn a little more about it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Conan, reservation center is "https://www.andalbooking.com".
The website of the company is "http://www.vectorial.es". (Do not panic, is not optimized for Google but we are working on the new version) ; -)
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Juan Antonio G
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Juan, to me these really seem like online only businesses with no in-person contact. If that's the case I would really suggest a brand page.

But, if you are sure they meet the requirements for a Local page then just pick the most appropriate category. https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en

Mike Blumenthal created a tool to help determine the best category - http://blumenthals.com/Google_LBC_Categories

Good Luck