My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

1 Google review showing twice

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We have 8 reviews on our Google page yet one review is showing as 2 separate quotes on our Business - meaning that out of the 3 review quotes that show in the business' box, 2 of them are from the same review, which happens to be a bad review.

Not very fair that we have seven 5* reviews and on 2* review yet that 2* review is showing up twice in our Business box. How does Google choose the words from this review anyway?

Unfortunately, the guest's review, as with most bad reviews, doesn't tell half the story so is incredibly misleading.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: 1 Google review showing twice

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Snowdonia Tourist S

This is a known problem, however Google says this is intended, so you just have to sit it out and wait for more reviews and the selected snippets to be updated.

http://onlineownership.com/google-business-reviews-bug-knowledge-info-panel/

Wish I could be more positive on this one, sorry.

Tim Capper Google My Business Top Contributor (UK) and SEO consultant at Online Ownership

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply. This is a real shame, for obvious reasons. So do you think it'll eventually be flooded out by other reviews?

Thanks again for helping out - much appreciated.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Yes it will be replaced over time by new reviews

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have the same problem, but it is the only negative review, whereas the others are all 5 star. This is extremely bad for business and because of the dubious nature of the complaint, completely unfair. I'd be better off taking the whole thing down. There has to be a way to get rid of it. Apparently we are important to Google as a key location, but this is crazy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

two remarks @brendan b

at first I see one negative review only - not seeing it twice.

secondly there is a revview violation and oyu seem responsible for it.

I refer to the reveiw posted by

"brendan boys"

in the last week

Best. Cut. Ever.

livelihoodRe: 1 Google review showing twice

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Helmut, on the first page that comes up when a person googles the business name, 2 review snippets come up which are both from the same negative review. I'm trying to understand what my "violation" is - if I'm not allowed to review my own business positively - despite Google's best efforts to destroy it, then I'm happy to take it down. It is an honest representation though. Obviously I'm trying to bury a vexatious review by someone who doesn't care less. This is my livelihood and that a single negative review can cause so much damage is unbelievable. I have no idea how long it has been like this, but would love to be enlightened. A bit of help would be great.

Re: livelihoodRe: 1 Google review showing twice

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@brendan b

No business owner nor any employee of a business or a freelancer working for it  is allowed to review the business he owns or is working for.

The reviewing guidelines have a term for this bad doing called "confict of interest"

The intention of the reviewing feature is enabling reviewing of customers or clients of a business rather then insiders of the business.

Regarding splitting a review in more then one snippets:

This is done by Google algos and it happenes for many business.

IMHO you can't avoid this.