After your campaign has been running for some time, it's useful to take a step back and see whether you feel it has been a success or whether it needs further tweaking. In order to do this, you must first determine what success means for you: you may want to increase online sales, improve brand awareness or increase your return on investment. Once you have decided your end goal, you can look at specific metrics to determine the success of your campaign.
Improvement in sales: In order to monitor the impact of your AdWords campaign on your sales, I recommend you look at the following metrics.
1) Conversion Tracking - This will enable you to track the number of people who click on your ad, go to your site and visit a valuable page. For example, if you set up Conversion Tracking on the "Thank page" that displays on your website after a user makes a purchase, you can effectively track the number of clicks which have generated sales online. If you don't sell your products online, you can also track the number the number of visits to a page that you deem valuable such as an enquiry form or a sign up to a newsletter.
2) Google Forwarding Phone Number - This is a fantastic feature! If you enable this in your account, you can track the number of times your phone number was shown, the number of calls that came through the ad, what device the calls were made through, as well as many more interesting metrics.
Increased brand awareness: In order to monitor the impact of your AdWords campaign on the awareness of your brand, I recommend you look at the following metrics.
1) Impressions - This statistic will show you how many people have seen your ad online within a set time frame.
2) CTR- Clickthrough Rate (CTR) will show you the number of users who have clicked on your ad after seeing it online. From this, you should be able to gauge whether you are targeting the right audience.
Improvement in ROI: In order to monitor the impact of your AdWords campaign on your Return on Investment, I recommend you look at the following metrics.
1) Conversion Tracking & Analytics - These tools will be able to show you which ads and keywords are the most popular and profitable. Using this knowledge, you should be able to allocate your budget accordingly.
I hope you found this useful and your campaign is on track to becoming a success! If you are interested, you can find more detailed information about this subject here.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.