I was recently having some issues when trying to do an A/B ad test because the impressions weren't rotating as evenly as I wanted. I was running 2 ads and the settings were set to rotate evenly for 90 days then optimize for clicks (i did reset the 90 days by changing it and putting it back again) so it was set up correctly for this test.
My impressions were more like a 70/30 split. The system just wasn't doing what I had planned for it.
This is when I decided to try using AdWords campaign experiments to see if I could make it more accurate.
I started an experiment with a 50/50 split and changed one ad to control and the other to experiment (you can set it to run for about 90 days as well so it's similar to the rotation settings)
In the next few days my stats were looking much more even. The ads were now showing impressions with a 52/48 split.
If you have some time sensitive ad copy testing to do, it could be worth trying out this method as it really did help get more accurate data quicker.
Adam is the founder of assistAd, an online tool developed by a group of search specialists to make it easy for you to plan, manage and optimize your search engine marketing campaigns. We're still under development but will be launching the BETA version very soon. You can contact adam by emailing email@example.com or on skype: briggidere Or visit www.assistad.com
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.