Location extensions show your business address with your ad. Once you connect AdWords with your Google My Business account, if you want to assign addresses to particular campaigns or ad groups, you can set up filters.
Here's how to do that:
Choose the campaign or ad group you’re specifying addresses for.
- Click the Campaigns tab and choose one of your campaigns.
- Click the Ad Extensions tab.
- Select View: Location extensions from the drop-down menu in the upper corner.
- Choose Upgraded in the drop-down menu next to View: Location extensions.
- Click “Campaign extension” or “Ad group extension” depending on whether you want to filter addresses to a campaign or ad group.
- Click + Extension.
- Under “New campaign location extension” or “New ad group location extension,” choose the campaign you want to filter addresses to. If you’re adding a location extension on the ad group level, choose your desired ad group as well.
Add a filter
- Under the name of your Google My Business account, click + Filter.
- Choose “Business name” or “Business category” from the drop-down menu, depending on which grouping you want to filter to your chosen campaign or ad group.
- Fill in your business name or category. Filters will only work if you've entered information that exactly matches the category you've chosen. For example, if you enter a restriction for the business name "Bob's Barbecue," you won't filter out businesses with the name "Bob's Texas Barbecue."
- (Optional) Filter addresses further (see below).
- Click Done.
(Optional) Filter addresses further
- If you want to set additional filters, click + AND or + OR. Using + OR will expand your list of addresses, while choosing + AND narrows your list.
- Follow the directions from step 2, above.
Good to know
You’ll choose which addresses go with each campaign or ad group using the business names or business categories that you’ve defined with Google My Business. It’s a good idea to copy these names down, so you’ll have them handy when you’re filtering addresses in AdWords.
For more information on this and location extensions, in general, check out our Help Center article.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.