Customize Your Adwords Reporting With – “Custom Column” Feature
What is Custom Column?
This adwords feature allow you to create custom columns in addition to the default Adwords columns like Impressions, Clicks and Conversions, CTR% etc. The data that you want to see through Google Adwords may vary depending upon on the goals that you want to achieve.Adwords Custom Column feature gives the ability to choose form a large range of metrics so you can customize your reports to only see the data you want to.
Why should you use Custom Column?
With AdWords custom columns you can for example, group the CTR% into "desktop CTR" and "mobile CTR" or “Tablet CTR” .Also you can view the conversions by devices. If you are tracking multiple conversions within your adwords account (for example contact-us forms and newsletter subscriptions etc.), you can show each conversion type in a separated column. This allows you to see at a glance which types of conversions were generated under which campaigns or adgroups.
How to Use Custom Column?
With this new feature you can group your AdWords data into the following segments:
- Network : You can segment your data by Google search, search partners, Google Display Network
- Device : Desktop, Mobile or Tablet
- Top position compared to other positions in different Google/Partners networks
- Google +1 annotations
- Conversion name : if you have multiple conversion then you can create separate column with each conversions.
How to Create Custom Column?
You can create your custom column in Campaign or Adgroup level.Follow these steps to create your custom column
- Go to the tab "Campaigns" or "Ad groups" in your AdWords account.
- Click on "Columns" – "Customize columns"
- You will find the option "Custom columns" on the bottom of the metrics column on the left. Here you click "+Column".
- Add the required column.
Currently i am working with Techshu Infosystem Ltd as a Digital Marketing Manager,Kolkata,India .I found Adword Community is very much effective for enhancing the knowledge with various strategies and ideas.My motto is simple.Enhance Your Knowledge &amp; Share it with Others;.I always love to work with Google Adword.Join me on Google+
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.