Clearing Cache and Cookies| #AdWordsAnswers
My name is Raashi, and I’m a member of the Google AdWords Team. I hope you’re having a good day!
Sometimes you may notice technical issues in your AdWords interface. For example, the billing tab might not be loading, a particular button is missing from your screen, or you are not able to preview all of your image ads.
Often the explanation behind all of these mysterious errors is to clear the cache and cookies from your browser, and today, I’ll help you understand what this means and how you can do it.
What are cache and cookies, and why should you clear them?
Cookies are small files on your computer that are created by the websites you visit and stored for future use. Your browser’s cache (or memory) is a stock of webpages you visited in the past. Your cache and cookies help load websites faster and make it easier for you to browse the web. Browsers will normally clear cookies after they reach a certain age, but clearing them manually may solve problems with websites or your browser. You should periodically clear the cache and cookies to keep your browser running efficiently.
How do you clear cache and cookies?
- Open Chrome.
- On your browser toolbar, click on the Chrome menu .
- Point to More tools, and then click Clear browsing data.
- In the "Clear browsing data" box, click the checkboxes for "Cookies and other site and plug-in data" and "Cached images and files."
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data.
You can find more details on how to clear the cache and cookies on other browsers here.
If you have any other questions about this topic, please feel free to ask by commenting below.
Have a great day!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.