AdWords managers; Can you link an MCC to an MCC?!? Find out.
Knowing a system seemingly inside out, as most PPC mangers or specilists do, sometimes it can become a bit stale working with the same system and interface all day every day.
That's why I love this forum; you always learn something and feel all the better for it. Recently a respected fellow search marketing specilist of mine had the humility to ask me what she perceived to be a 'stupid question'. Aside from telling her there's no such thing as a stupid question, I was happy to be able to answer her question and lend a hand.
The question was, as the title suggests, "can you link one MCC to another?". BRILLIANT QUESTION!
Anyone who says they haven't wondered about this is a liar, and those who no longer wonder have either tried it themselves and found the answer or have asked somebody else.
The simply answer is YES you can. It's really simply but does seem to defy all logic. How can you add a whole MCC to an MCC which only holds accounts? How would that work? How would it show up?
The solution is really simple and almost disarmingly so.
You link to the other MCC from your own MCC as you would do with any normal account linking. In the below steps I'm going to use the example that you work for an agency, and also have a personal MCC for freelance pursuits. You can have two MCCs for any number of reasons, let's just go with this one. You want to have ALL the accounts that you oversee both in your day job and in your freelance job under the same login so that you are never more than 1 click away from accessing any of your PPC accounts. Here's how:
1. Log in to the MCC that you want to link to
2. Locate and copy the 10 digit series of numbers from the top right corner (manager ID)
3. Log out of that MCC and log in to your MAIN MCC, the one you want to access everything from
4. Click on 'link existing accounts'
5. Enter the manager ID from above and request access
6. Log out of your MAIN MCC and go back to the MCC you want to link to
7. Click on 'my account > account access'
8. Accept the request for access to the MCC from your MAIN MCC
9. Log back in to your MAIN MCC and in your accounts list you will now see the other linked to MCC appearing just like any of the other accounts
10. When you click on this from the accounts list it takes you through to the other MCC whilst you are still logged in to the MAIN MCC
11. Business as usual
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.